- Product Details
Coats® X-Series - Build Your Tire Changer Your Way
1. Choose Your Motor: Air-Powered Or Electric
- Air-powered drives offer up to 1.5 hp (dependent on air supply), meaning more power and speed, control.
- Electric drives are always 1 hp and do not need a larger compressor; they’re quieter too.
2. Choose Your Bead Loosener: Hand Operated Or Foot Pedal
- Traditional foot pedal operation.
- Coats advanced hand operation with Power In, Power Out & Stop In Place gives the operator total control and a better view.
The Coats X-Series Leverless Model 70X Tire Changer
Coats has been the leader in tire service equipment for over 60 years. And the Coats Rim Clamp® tire changer has become the industry standard due to its legacy of durability, reliability, and upgradability. But today more than ever, we recognize that the needs of all tire dealers are not created equal. Differences in geography, vehicle configurations, and productivity demands have created a need for a wider range of options in our tire service equipment. That’s why Coats has redefined how we offer our most popular line of tire changers.
The Power of Choice
The X-Series is an upgraded version of the Coats Rim Clamp tire changer you’ve always known and trusted with new accessory and storage packages to fit your needs. You get the same Coats rugged reliability and easy operation; but now we give you more standard features, more options and more value in a new tire changer.
- Best-in-class clamping capacity comes standard with 6" - 24" external (8"-26" internal) (car & light truck only). Service the widest array of applications without secondary adapters.
- Coats Exclusive - Single-point bead sealer. Provides powerful concentrated blast to seal beads more quickly. Less moving parts and hoses make it more reliable over time.
- Coats Exclusive - Hybrid Leverless Power Duckhead® Mount/Demount Head. Engineered for use on the 70X Leverless. Positions the bead in the optimal position for less bead stress during installation or removal.
- Comes equipped with Coats’ patented Robo-Arm® assist to effectively change run-flat and low profile tires. The Robo-Arm is designed with 18" vertical stroke and travel capability up to 28" rims. The Robo-Arm assist minimizes the risk of damaging wheels with a tire bar and effortlessly keeps the top bead in the drop center while servicing even the toughest applications. It has a 28" reach and a full 18" automated vertical stroke without any cumbersome or time consuming manual adjustments required.
- Advanced clamp positioning allows for greater control when clamping wheels. Position clamps exactly where needed at any point between fully in and fully out. No need to wait for the clamps to have to cycle the full range.
- Direct oil-injection system more effectively distributes oil to the moving components, ensuring better lubrication to reduce wear and lengthen life expectancy. Designed to prevent oil from being wasted during tire inflation. Container holds 180 fluid ounces, more than a year’s worth of oil for most shops, significantly reducing the need for regular replenishment.
- Durable plastic chassis storage tray keeps your tools right where you need them. Helps keep your work area neat and organized.
Build It Your Own Way
- Select with or without the Robo-Arm helper tool.
- Select the high-torque electric or fully controllable air motor.
- Select your adapters with choices from steel clamps to Grip Max®.
- Select your level of wheel protection and additional storage.
Weight (lbs) 700.0000 Video Demo http://www.ammcoats.com/tire-changer-videos/x-series-tire-changer-video Operation 1st Loosen Bead, 2nd Mount/Demount Wheel Handled Alloy & Steel, Car & Light Truck Mount / Demount Swing Arm Tool Head Offset Manual Table Shape X-Shaped Wheel Clamping Method Four Clamps, Air Cylinder Operated Height of Table to Floor 27" (686 mm) Bead Loosening System 70X*H Power in, out & freeze Hand Controlled air cylinder; 70X*F Foot Controlled, air cylinder, up to 17" wide Bead Lifting System Tire Bar Air Drive System 70XA** 1.5HP Air Motor, 110-175psi, 15scfm Electric Drive System 70XE** 1HP Electric Motor, 110v, 60hz, 15amp (110-175psi, 5scfm required for cylinders) Inflation Pressure Control Limiter Assist Arms/Tools 1 Powered; 70X**3 adds Duckhead Roller Wheel Lift Optional Clamping Pressure Limited None Clamps 70X**1 Steel; 70X**2&3 Grip Max Bead Seating Reservoir Vertical 3.8 Gal. in Tower Inflation Gauge 60 psi Air Supply Gauge 0-300 psi Water Filter/Lubricator or Oil Injector Oil Injector Storage Tray Plastic Tray, Metal Side Cabinet Optional Inflation Guard Optional Standard Protectors 70X**1 none; 70X**2 Nylon head, steel head inserts, Grip-Max® clamps, beadloosener & tool covers; 70X**3 adds High Spoke Nylon head Max Rim Width 14" (356mm) Max Tire Diameter 50" (1270mm) Rotation Speed Electric = 1 Speed, Air = Variable Chassis Footprint 49"w x 48"d x 85"h (76"h-shipping) Recommended Work Area 7' x 6'
- Related Products